Length and number of lessons
- The minimum length of the instrumental lesson for regular students is 30 minutes, and the maximum is 60 minutes.
- The length of the instrumental lesson for amateur students is 30 minutes.
- The length of group playing and theoretical lessons for all levels is 55 minutes.
- The length of the lesson for the Bustan al-Musiqa class is 55 minutes.
- ESNCM offers a group instrumental teaching program for levels prep - 1, where there are two or more students in the lesson. The length of the group instrumental lesson and the frequency of the weekly lessons will be determined according to the number of students in the group.
- The minimum length of instrumental lessons on the individual instrumental teaching program is determined according to the level of the student, where levels prep - 3 have 30 minutes, levels 4 - 6 have 45 minutes, and levels 7 and 8 have 60 minutes. The length of the lesson will be set by agreement between the teacher, the student, and the branch manager or academic supervisor, based on academic need.
- In some cases it may be appropriate for the student to take two lessons per week, one individual and one group lesson.
- In particular cases the ESNCM may increase the length of the weekly individual lesson, based on academic need.
- It is also possible to split the weekly instrumental lesson into two sessions, particularly for younger students.
- The academic year is considered to comprise 30 weeks of teaching. Since holidays occur on different days of the week, students will take between 30 and 32 lessons, depending on which day of the week his weekly lesson falls.
- In addition to the academic year, the ESNCM runs one or two summer terms, where students can register for up to six weeks of intensive lessons and activities.
Adding, Dropping and Withdrawing
- A student may drop or add modules up to 1 month into the academic year, after getting the approval of the academic supervisor.
- A module that has been dropped within the 1 month timeframe will not appear on the student's transcript.
- If a student withdraws from a module more than 1 month into the academic year, but before 1st December, he/she will receivea mark of "W" (withdraw) on the transcript.
- If a student withdraws from a module after 1st December, he/she will fail the module and it will appear on the transcript with the mark "F" (fail).
- The student must write to the branch director or academic supervisor to withdraw from any module, in order to make the withdrawal official.
- If a student stops attending a module without submitting a written withdrawal, he/she will be considered as having failed the module and it will appear on the transcript with the mark "F" (fail).
Absences and rescheduling lessons
- If the teacher is absent from a lesson, the lesson will be rescheduled for the student.
- If the student is absent from a lesson, the lesson will not be rescheduled.
- If the student is absent due to illness for more than 2 consecutive weeks, he/she should apply to the branch director, providing medical reports, in order to arrange the rescheduling of the missed lessons.
- The student must inform the branch administration of any absence prior to the lesson, out of respect to the teacher.
- In the case of the absence of a teacher the ESNCM has the right to ask another teacher to give the lessons in place of the regular teacher, or to reschedule the lessons for another time.
- No rescheduling will take place for group classes missed by the student under any circumstances.
Suspension of Teaching and Expulsion
The ESNCM will follow procedures to stop the teaching of a student on any module or all modules for the following reasons:
- If the student is absent from the module lesson more than five times during the academic year.
- If the student does not inform the administration of an absence prior to the lesson more than three times during the academic year.
- If the student does not pay the fees by the stated deadlines.
- If the student engages in behavior which is unacceptable to the ESNCM.
- If the student does not show any progress or effort to progress after interventions, chances and warnings.
NB: No part of the student fees will be reimbursed if the ESNCM stops the teaching of a student for the above reasons.
NB: A suspended or expelled student may be readmitted to the ESNCM if the reasons for stopping his/her teaching have been resolved, and after getting the approval of the ESNCM administrative board.